This is the mainstay of our activities: We invite an academic / skeptic to come and deliver a talk for us. The audience always get an opportunity to ask questions at the end, and then we have a drink and a chat afterwards.
- Most of our lectures are on Monday nights
- We have a commitment to try and fill up as many Monday evenings as humanly possible.
- Occasionally we record our talks. Visit our audio/video page to see what’s there
- Sometimes we have special events on different nights though, so be sure to keep an eye on our events page , and make sure you sign up to our newsletter (we promise not to spam you or share your email address with anyone else).
We’re always on the lookout for a good speaker – so if you would like to suggest someone (or a general topic), the please get in touch
In association with PubhD Glasgow
At each event, three PhD/EngD/EdD students, and post-docs, from any academic discipline, explain their work to an audience in the pub, in exchange for a pint or two. If you’re interested, please get in touch
- Each speaker will have 10 minutes to talk about their work and subject area to an interested audience in the pub.
- There will be up to 20 minutes of Q&A per speaker
- Each speaker gets at least one drink
- A whiteboard and coloured pens will be provided