PubhD: Indyref References, Circadian Clocks & Rural Rumblings
November 19 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pmFree
This special event comes to you in association with our friends from PubhD Glasgow.
Speakers & topics:
- Mhairi Brennan: BBC coverage of the Scottish independence referendum
- Robyn Womack: Circadian rhythms of birds
- Bobby Macauley: The effect of community landownership on health in rural Scotland
The format is nice and simple:
- Three researchers will each have 10 minutes to talk about their subject area to an interested audience in a pub
- There will be up to 20 minutes of (friendly!) Q&A per speaker.
- Each speaker gets at least one pint (or other drink of their choice).
- A whiteboard/flip chart and coloured pens will be provided.
This is event is free to attend, although we will be asking for donations at the end of the talk. Participants are under no obligation whatsoever to donate, however please rest assured that the money we collect doesn’t end up in anyone’s pocket – it is used to fund our overhead costs, and travel/accommodation for our speakers who come from further afield.
Accessibility: The talk is on the top floor of the store, however there is however a lift available for customers to use.