- This event has passed.
Where do meteorites come from?
October 14, 2019 @ 7:15 pm - 9:00 pmFree
About the speaker:
Dr Luke Daly is a Research Associate in Solar System Science at the University of Glasgow.
- Planetary Science
- High-resolution geochemical, crystallographic and isotopic analysis using: electron backscatter diffraction, transmission kikuchi diffraction and atom probe microscopy.
- Microstructures of shock meteamorphism and aqueous alteration on planetary bodies.
- Protoplanetary disk processes and their effect on meteoritic components, including pre-solar grians
- Meteorites particularly carbonaceous chondrites and martian samples.
- Highly siderophile elements and their distribution in the Solar System
- Meteorite classification
Doors at 7.15, kickoff at 7.30
This is event is free to attend, although we will be asking for donations at the end of the talk. Participants are under no obligation whatsoever to donate, however please rest assured that the money we collect doesn’t end up in anyone’s pocket – it is used to fund our overhead costs, and travel/accommodation for our speakers who come from further afield.
Accessibility: As per the policy of the Admiral Bar, access to the venue “can only be provided to patrons who are sufficiently mobile and capable of independently evacuating premises, or with the minimum of assistance”. Unfortunately, this leaves the basement inaccessible to most wheelchair users.